Sunday, February 06, 2005

Mutterings

I just thought I'd post a few thoughts I had.

I got a silver Celtic cross today.

And I picked up Matthew Fox's book "Original Blessing."

This looks like it will be a very interesting read -- yet on the other hand, nothing all that new to ME, who has spent the last 15 years in the Pagan world.

But it IS nice to see Christian mystics like this writing books and speaking up and NOT letting the fundamentalists have the final say in Christian spirituality.

There's a part of me that does want to own a mystical form of Christianity, like Creation Spirituality and whatnot.

This whole business with losing Dad has made me think of a lot of things. He's my ancestor now. And he was a Christian...specifically, a Methodist. This is part of my own personal spiritual history. I have a lot of positive memories of being a Methodist.

And somehow I'm feeling a bit more courageous in claiming the path I was born to and just doing it MY WAY, not the way Brother Jim or Stace or Walabe or any other Christian would do it. Not that I am saying they are clueless. They have found their "groove" with Christ. But the fact remains that, like so many other things in life, what works for them may not work for anyone else. Including me.

My relationship with God is MINE, not theirs.

I'm also coming to the realization that things like runes, Tarot, I Ching, whatever -- none of that really matters. It's almost a distraction from just living in a constant state of prayer and ecstatic thanksgiving. That's where we should be. Looking at the beauty all around us and going nuts because it's crazy, it's awesome, it's wonderful.

All this business with different Gods and Goddesses -- well, what comes to mind is the Zen idea of "don't confuse the finger pointing AT the moon FOR the moon". I'm coming to the conclusion that they are fingers pointing at the moon, but they are not the moon. And even the very idea of God in and of itself -- that's a distraction too.

I guess the Buddhists put it best when they teach to be fully present in the eternal now. That's where one experiences God as a verb, as a dynamic process. Just be open and present.

And that's why it doesn't really matter whether I wear a cross or a hammer or a pentacle or anything else. The Spirit is not limited to one path.

1 Comments:

Blogger MeritAset said...

*hugs*

I need help setting up links on my sidebar

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home