Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Unity : Daily Word - Forgiveness

Unity : Daily Word - Forgiveness: As I forgive, I move forward to brighter days and better times.

I give thanks for what I gain and also what I am relieved of when I forgive myself and others. Expressing forgiveness, I gain peace of mind and more harmony in my relationships. I give up hurt feelings and angry thoughts. How good I feel, for I have opened a way for love to flow within me and among others and me!

Forgiveness is a daily practice of choosing to avoid harsh judgment and resentment and to give love and acceptance. As I forgive, I move forward to brighter days and better times. Leaving the mistakes and misunderstandings in the past where they belong, I free myself to live in a fresh atmosphere of harmony and love.

Then Peter came and said to him, Lord, if another member of the church sins against me, how often should I forgive? As many as seven times? Jesus said to him, Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy-seven times.
Matthew 18:21-22


I have a lot of things to forgive people of.

I was perusing another diary site (*coughbloopdiarydotcomcough*) and I saw this note appended to another diary entry:

"Yup we rock because we aren't following the lemmings. And as with being Wiccan (or in your case, satanist) we get a LOT of flak from the general public because they all think in binary. White or Black. Hot or Cold. Good or Bad. They can't understand someone who likes it BOTH ways. And they can't understand someone who is not a Fucking Christian, either. Can you tell I'm sick of people right now?"

The same noter also left this note further down on the same entry: "If there is nothing I hate worse than mindless sheep, I don't know what..."

There are a couple of problems I have with this.

One is just the fact that it's assumed that all Christians are sheeple. I'm not quite halfway through "Original Blessing" yet but I can already see that there are a lot of people out there such as Matthew Fox who are NOT sheeple.

BTW I'm thinking that I may start hanging out with the Quakers for a time. And George Fox was certainly not any of the sheeple, that's for sure.

I really, really like their idea of simplicity in life so as to better hear the voice of Spirit speaking, not letting clutter get in the way.

Anyway, another problem I have is not exactly politically correct, but I bristle at the idea that this young girl is putting out, that Wiccans are the only original thinkers out there...when in so many ways, I've SEEN Wicca become herd mentality over the years. It's conforming to nonconformity any more. That's what most of the teenybopper Wiccans have turned it into. And there's NOT a lot of deep theological inquiry in Wicca.

*sigh*

I just wanted to get that off my chest. It doesn't REALLY matter that much, I suppose, but it's just something I observed and wanted to blog about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home