Sunday, March 06, 2005

Beware the Groove!

Well, naturally, Zephyr is entitled to his/her opinion.

Maybe I AM arrogant.

Good. Bloody hell, it beats the dog shit out of the alternative, which is groveling and apologizing and trying to justify my entire existence (which pretty much describes my life until very recently...after Dad died, I decided that I am not going to waste what years I have left to me by trying to be what I think other people want me to be, acting in whatever way I think will cause the least offense...I will be ME and if people don't like it, too bad).

As soon as someone starts using words like that to describe me...well, it says a lot more about that person than it does about me, and how they feel about themselves.

And as soon as someone feels the need to use words like that to describe me, then I've done my job.

I have made an impact. I threw off someone's groove (to borrow a phrase from one of my favorite Disney movies, "The Emperor's New Groove").

BEWARE THE GROOVE! Hahahahahaha! And of course, I get thrown out the window (or told I'm arrogant, basically the same thing) for throwing off someone's groove. ROFL!!!

Believe me, there are far worse than me out there, in terms of arrogance. I'm actually pretty mellow, compared to SOME of the drama queens I've seen out there. I think it's great, that I've elicited that kind of response.

I'll borrow a phrase from Joe. I'm not arrogant. I'm just confident. I know what I know and I won't apologize for what I've accomplished in terms of religious research over the past 16 years. I HAVE learned a thing or two. I COULD very well do Harvard level coursework, if I only had the money to attend that school. I've SEEN their course listings. I AM just that good.

If anyone finds that attitude threatening, oh well.

Yes, better arrogant and confident than -- having oatmeal for backbone. Wait til I post the text of the 2 emails I sent Ma. I let go, both barrels, and described all the things about my spiritual life that I'd been hiding from her all this time, because I thought she'd not appreciate it or understand it.

I think I'll address that for a moment here. No more covering up or hemming and hawing about it to her. At least she knows the whole truth now. If she still doesn't like it, fine. She can decide that after reading it all. If she still doesn't quite understand it, now she can ask some informed questions.

But I'm out now. No going back. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. BOOYA!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jarred said...

Well said!

6:25 AM  
Blogger MeritAset said...

Go girl *hugs*

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home