Thursday, March 10, 2005

Hi Folks

Very tired redhead checking in. Haven't had a lot of time to blog.

I do want to, though. I have a lot of topics in my head to blog about.

But, Joe is making sets of runes for selling at the Goddess Faire this weekend. I'm writing up a ritual for next weekend's Ostara festivities.

I'm considering telling Mystic Grove that I want Jul permanently, that I want to do the Jul blot every year. This thought was brought on by the death of a member of First Unitarian Church, and I thought a sumbel was a nice opportunity for the whole church community to remember her, along with other "disir" or female ancestors. We'll see.

I'm also going to work out when we should do Alfablot, for the male ancestors. There doesn't seem to be a fixed date for that.

A brief note for those who don't know: Sharon Hiett, one of the most active members of FUCO, was killed in a bicycle accident Monday night. It's a serious blow to our church family.

That's why one of the topics I wanted to blog about was the effect that real ritual (and by that I mean something done repetitively, something most Wikkans can't understand because for some reason they feel compelled to do something different every single year and have no concept of TRADITION - ok I'll calm down) has in binding a community closer together and strengthening ties. It's really amazing.

But I'm exhausted. More on this another time.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Heretik said...

I'm considering telling Mystic Grove that I want Jul permanently, that I want to do the Jul blot every year. This thought was brought on by the death of a member of First Unitarian Church, and I thought a sumbel was a nice opportunity for the whole church community to remember her, along with other "disir" or female ancestors. We'll see.

I'm also going to work out when we should do Alfablot, for the male ancestors. There doesn't seem to be a fixed date for that.


Tired Redhead, may you never tire so much that your voice grows quiet. What I find in you is a wondrous spirit of inclusion so lacking in Our Current Age. May you be blessed today and in all your future days as well. It is so clear your past days have blessed you well. Always share your blessings with the greater and the lesser around you. Then I will know there is a chance. A chance not just for you, but for the world to grow. Thank you and sorry for your loss.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home