Saturday, March 19, 2005

Update

It's finally Saturday. This is a good thing.

Tonight we will be doing the Ostara festivities. But I am going to have to tweak the blot. Hmmmmm. I may focus on Freyja and Her aspect as a spring maiden sort. I may also do a bondage thing (snicker) -- breaking the bonds of winter and all.

I did not wear green on Irish Heritage Day. I wore red & white...the colors associated with the Otherworld, the world that was driven underground when St. Patrick brought the Gospel to Ireland. A lot of people at work asked me that. I said, "I'm not wearing green because I am not and never have been Catholic, and this is a Catholic holiday." They said so what, everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day and I said, "I'm of Irish ancestry EVERY DAY. But I'm HEATHEN." At which point they giggled. No, people, when I say I'm Heathen, that doesn't mean I live a wild, godless life. I think a lot of people take "heathen" to mean just that.

*sigh*

But we did go over to Susan's house (Tom's current girlfriend, not the Susan that is Joe's ex) and had some lovely Irish stew and colcannon and various other nibblies, as well as plenty of ale and Guinness. A lovely time was had by all.

But, since I will be doing a blot this evening, I'll be wearing Frigga's colors, blue and white. I always do when I do blot.

There's been some interesting developments in the news. Terry Schiavo's feeding tube was removed yesterday. I say it's about time. Let her go. Let her have some peace. I can't understand why they are focusing only on her and not every single person in this country that is on life support...surely she's not the only one in this whole nation right now. I do believe she had a living will, in which case that indicates she didn't want to be kept alive artificially.

I'm hungry. I need to chase down some breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home